While you are renting from us there may be some charges. The charges that are allowed - from 1st June 2019 - are strictly prescribed by the Tenant Fee Act and are outlined in your tenancy agreement. Since the introduction of the Tenant Fee Act we have ensured our tenancy agreement is in full compliance.
Tenancy Application Fees
We do not charge fees.
Fees incurred during the tenancy or after contract signing.
Fees that are not proscribed by the Tenant Fee Act are generally charged when you have been in default in some way; losing your keys (necessitating new keys) and rental payments are the main ones, or other breaches of the tenancy agreement.
Charge for replacement of keys: As per cost of key and reasonable costs for time to get cut.
• Key deposit for borrowing an office set of keys to have them cut (refundable): £50
Change of locks
• Individual Room: As per direct cost of key and locks and reasonable costs for our time to arrange.
• Front or Rear door: As per cost of key and reasonable costs for time to get cut. Please note that reasonable costs may reflect time to get all keys cut and distribute keys to all tenants.
• Out of hours callout to property to unlock house/room for you (lost keys out of hours/weekends): Please contact the out of hours number. As per contractors invoice, settled with contractor directly (normally, but not guaranteed to be, £80 for a weekend/night callout).
• 3% above the Bank of England base rate for the period the rent is overdue, starting 14 days after the rent is overdue.
• Rent arrears requiring legal action against tenants/guarantors for recovery: for tenancy agreements entered into after 1st June 2019, any legal costs will be subject to a court decision on fees.
• Cash : Not Accepted (we operate a cashless office and do not have facilities for holding or moving cash to a bank).
• Debit cards: no charge
• Credit cards: not accepted
• Cheques: not accepted
Professional tenancy renewal
• Tenancy Renewals from 1st June 2019 are at a cost to the landlord. They will only be entered into on the request of the tenant if the landlord agrees to this charge.
Note: We allow all tenancies to roll on to a periodic tenancy (contractural periodic). If you request a new tenancy agreement we will seek the agreement of the landlord. If the landlord requests a tenancy renewal this will be done at no cost to you.
Student tenancy renewal
No charge made. For "partial" re-lets (where one or more person changes) we will need to take a new deposit from all tenants as it will be a replacement tenancy.
Student tenancy changes
If there is a change of tenant on a tenancy agreement after it is signed this will be dealt with via a deed of variation. A reasonable charge for time taken will be made in this instance.